« Home | Sketching » | dire straits » | The Meo Files - Security Gems #2 » | Old people » | Security Gems » | Loveline » | Okay already! » | My pictures » | This place would be a good investment » | Funny web site blunders » 

Sunday, September 17, 2006  

 

LastFM

I signed up for LastFM (www.lastfm.com) this weekend after hearing how cool it supposedly is at the conference I went to last week. I am pretty excited to see what conclusions LastFM draws from it's analysis of my music tastes. I wonder how it is going to cope with me jumping from Master of Puppets to Ice Is Workin' It to Mr. Roboto like I did earlier today. I hope it doesn't judge too harshly.

Anyway, I think that this is a type of service/social network site that I will actually use. Whereas MySpace is aimed mostly at posers who are obsessed with displaying pictures of themselves drunk at some party, or looking way more attractive/exciting/cool/young than they ever have in real life, or sharing all of the supposedly funny videos, pictures, soundclips, games, etc. ad nausium that they've found on the internet, this site is aimed at something I am obsessed with: music. I think I'll use it. It would be nice to have some friends who are with me on this because we could share new music we've found, get recommendiations and write back and forth about the cool new shit we've discover and maybe even argue a little bit about whether GnR should reunite, but I am fine tracking my own music tastes on my own if you all are too busy sharing that video of the monkey falling off the branch after smelling his stinky finger.


With LastFM you can export and share your recently tracks, your overall favs, weekly favorite artists and tracks, and a lot more to your blog, RSS feed reader and so on. Yes, even on MySpace.

About me

  • I'm VP of Haterade
  • From Boise, Idaho, United States
  • Hi. I'm J. I have this blog to share my random thoughts and the random stuff I find with whoever wants to listen. If you don't like what I say or post on here, please tell me. I'd be haapy to mock, ridicule, and belittle you, your blog, any pictures you have, your poor grammar, your obviously awful taste in blogs, and anything else I can find on Google to make fun of. I will do all of these things (and more) because I am unable to handle any kind of criticism and am unable to deal with confrontation in healthy ways. Cheers.
My profile