« Home | Bob Loblaw lobs law blog bomb - Bob Loblaw update » | » | Drip » | Arrested Development » | My day, in music. » | Norsing a hangover » | Truck Balls » | Genius » | Marketable » | We have to spread like it » 

Saturday, May 13, 2006  

 

yellow and blue makes green



For most of you, I am assuming that it has been a long time since you had a real math problem to do, but don't worry. We'll get through this. To make the problem seem a little less daunting, I've included colors. Notice that yellow and blue makes green.

The above equation is a simple yet effective formula that explains what people (like you) need to do in order to stay awesome. If you are thinking to yourself, "Am I awesome in the first place?" and/or "Do I need to continue to be awesome?" the answer is "yes!". Now that we've settled this potential preliminary stumbling point, let us now discuss what each of these blocks mean.

Yellow - Check a Biz is what I spend all of my time on now. Most of you are aware of this. You can find out more here in case you aren't familiar with Check a Biz yet. It is a site driven by members (Note: CAB is free and takes 1 minute to register). Check a Biz will only ever be as good as the sum of the awesomeness of the people who use it. That is why I make this desperate and sincere appeal to you. Remember, you are awesome. That means if you use it, it too will be awesome. Therefore, it will be worthy of your time and use..because awesome people have to use awesome Web services. It is a perfect circle.

Blue - I can say with almost 100% certainty that each of you eat and drink. I can also assume that you do not grow, brew or in some other way manufacture the entirety of the food and beverages you consume. That means that you get your sustenance via some other agent, a portion of which are likely 3rd party suppliers (bars, restaurants, sidewalk vendors, strip club vending machines, etc.). These 3rd party suppliers are who I hope you will rate and review on Check a Biz, after you register, of course (see equation (above)).

Green - This is the necessary result of the first two requirements of the equation being satisfied.

Now, don't think that I am expecting any of you to do any of these things (other than being awesome, which I know all of you do naturally...except one person, but that is another story) without there being something in it for you. I probably wouldn't (unless the person asking me to do something for them spent time making graphics of math problems to ask me to do what they wanted me to do). Check a Biz will be releasing it's first round of CAB posters on the first of June, which is about 2 weeks away. These posters will look like this, but with real CAB members (like you, hopefully... see Yellow, above) on them, along with an amusing quote from one of that member's restaurant / bar ratings. I'd love to feature some friends of mine on these posters (remember you are awesome) to thank you for putting up with all of this nonstop harassment about Check a Biz. These posters will be seen on the CAB site, our MySpace page, in our print ads and anywhere else we can afford to get them in front of people. You're gonna be kind of a "big deal."

Or, if this whole equation seems like too much work to fit into your busy schedules, forget about it. Maybe my "awesome" radar is off. Just kidding. (but) Seriously.

They have vending machines in strip clubs?!?

In Cleveland they do. All they take is dollars. Wonder why...

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm VP of Haterade
  • From Boise, Idaho, United States
  • Hi. I'm J. I have this blog to share my random thoughts and the random stuff I find with whoever wants to listen. If you don't like what I say or post on here, please tell me. I'd be haapy to mock, ridicule, and belittle you, your blog, any pictures you have, your poor grammar, your obviously awful taste in blogs, and anything else I can find on Google to make fun of. I will do all of these things (and more) because I am unable to handle any kind of criticism and am unable to deal with confrontation in healthy ways. Cheers.
My profile